Lane Tech College Prep High School
Lane Tech, a Chicago Public School, includes students in grades seven through 12.
Its curriculum focuses on preparing learners for their post-secondary educational endeavors and has a particular emphasis on technology. The school dates back more than a century.
The campus spans 33 acres in Chicago's Roscoe Village. As the largest high school in the city, its enrollment exceeds 4,200 students and 250 teachers.
Lane Tech is categorized by CPS as a "selective admissions school whose student body is chosen through a formula, which incorporates standardized test scores, attendance, academic grades, and the results of the entrance exam."
A large football stadium and athletic fields border Addison Street, and the school's main entrance is located off Western Avenue.
- Fax: 773-534-5544
- Hours: Select campus buildings open at 6 a.m. and access is available until 8 p.m. See the school's website for entry details, as designated doors are open during designated time frames.
- Handicap Accessible: The school is ADA compliant.
- Founding Date: September 1908
- Number of students: 4,200
- Male-to-female ratio: Roughly 1:1
- Public/Private: Public
- Acceptance rate (%): 10
- Graduation rate (%): 93
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: metered
- Number of faculty: 250